When a member of your team leaves your company and they have an account on your Zapnito site, you need to decide what to do with that account. Here are the options.
This article contains the following sections:
- Delete the user
- Delete the user but first transfer their content to another user
- Make it clear that the user is no longer with the company & take over their account
- Give the user a new persona
Delete the user
Head to the Users page and search for the person in question, then click the three dots next to their name and select 'Delete'. This removes them and all their content from your site, after a 1 hour 'pending deletion' period.
Delete the user but first transfer their content to another user
If the person in question has created generic content that was not really from them personally (i.e training content), you may wish to copy the content to another user. Go to Users, sign-in as the person in question by clicking 'Login' under the three dots next to their listing.
Now that you are signed-in as the person who is leaving, visit the My Posts, My Videos and My Documents pages in turn to identify which content you wish to copy.
- On the edit post page, copy the entire body of the post (to copy the html version, accessible from the Source Code icon, you will copy the formatting as well as the content.)
- Sign-in as the user who is taking on the content and create the post from scratch by pasting the copied text (into the source code if applicable)
- You may wish to backdate the post to its original publication date using the date selector
- Download the video file from the user's My Videos listing (for further instructions on how to do this, check out our guide)
- Republish the video under an appropriate user
- Download the document in question using the Download icon on the content view page
- Publish the document again as the new user
- All previously recorded panels will appear under My Videos
- These can be downloaded to your computer in the same manner as other videos uploaded to Zapnito
- Re-upload the panel recordings as a relevant user or save offline as needed
Make it clear that the user is no longer with the company & take over their account
Go to Users, sign-in as the person in question by clicking 'Login' to the right of their listing. Update their profile to make it clear they are no longer with the company.
Next, head to your Account Settings and update the email address to one you can monitor. You will need their password to do this so make sure you get this from them before they leave!
If you do not have this, let us know at email@example.com and we will be able to update the email address and/or password on the account for you.
You may wish to change the user's abilities, usually to stop content being created as this user. There are a few things to note regarding changing the user's abilities:
- All content created by the user will still appear on their profile page, regardless of their abilities. I.e. if you remove their ability to create content of any type, all previous content will still exist.
- Content previously published to a channel or a room will still appear in the channel or room, regardless of their abilities. I.e. if you remove their ability to publish to a channel, previous content will still appear in a channel.
- However, if you remove the ability to show the user's content in Latest Content, it will no longer appear on the Latest Content homepage widget or tab as these sections refresh based on current abilities each time they are loaded.
- You can either change a user's abilities by adding them to an existing group and removing them from their current group (it is especially likely you will want to remove a departing colleague from the Admin group) or by creating a new group to which to add them.
- Some customers create a hidden 'Past Employees' group that keeps the users in that group out of the visible user directories, give them only the bare minimum of abilities, and make them easy to spot in your Users list.
Don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org for help with doing any of the above.
Give the user a new persona
If the person in question has created generic content that was not really from them personally, you may wish to keep the content but replace their details with the details of their replacement so that it looks like the new person created the content.
You would do this by following the steps covered earlier in the article but more thoroughly editing the user's profile (new name, new avatar etc). We only advise doing this if it will not confuse the previous user's followers and other site users.