The Newsletter feature allows registered users to opt-in to daily, weekly or monthly email newsletters from your site.
Users are able configure this from their Notification Preferences page under 'Account Settings'. To learn more about how to update your notification preferences, check out our handy guide.
You can choose to prompt users to opt-in to the newsletter during the registration process. This will make it easier for them to stay up to date with your site’s content.
The newsletter contains all the posts, documents and videos that have been published to the site within the selected time frame (daily, weekly or monthly) by users in groups with the ability to publish content to newsletters. Only the content of users in these groups is included in the email.
Alternatively, if you would like something a bit less-image heavy you can switch to our condensed version, which retains solely the title and introduction of each post. The choice is yours!
Key features of the Newsletter (and its condensed version):
- Sent daily at 07:00 UTC
- Sent weekly at 07:00 UTC each Tuesday
- Sent monthly at 07:00 UTC on the final day of the month
- If the weekly digest is enabled on your site, this newsletter will replace it (for more information on the Digest, click here)
- The emails are only sent if at least one item of content was published in the last day/week/month by users with the ability to publish content to the newsletter
- There is no maximum on the number of items of content shown
- The emails show content in the order it was published, from newest to oldest
- The system collects the content to be included just before the email is sent
If you have any questions about the Newsletter, or would like to know whether you have this feature enabled on your site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.